Friday 15 July 2011

With a Little Help From My Friends...

First off, Happy Friday! I hope that you've had a good week and enjoyed some good food and drink throughout. Today I would like to dedicate this blog post to friends and new acquaintances. I'll explain why.

Earlier this week I went to the bank to register my business account as a sole proprietor.  Since then the idea of "sole proprietorship" has been bouncing around my head. My business is a partnership with my community, the farmers I buy from, my local grocers, wine producers, local breweries, friends and family.

This Sunday is my business launch and  I have an abundance of help. My friends have graciously offered to volunteer as servers, bartenders, sous chefs, help with rental pick ups, offer in kind donations and moral support (the best help of all) I can't thank them enough the generosity. Highland Drive has been built with this love and support.

When I started planning this launch I knew that I wanted to market locally. So I reached out to local wineries, breweries, farmers, pastry chefs, small businesses and other chefs in the city. I've received an amazing amount of positive feedback, in kind donations and community help.

Irises Flowers is graciously donating les belles fleures (beautiful flowers). I would seriously check them.out. Not only do they have a beautiful selection of flowers but sell Perks Coffee as well. (I love coffee with any shopping that I do) The owner is sweet as pie.

This week I had a lovely visit to the Muir Murray Estate Winery in the Annapolis Valley. I sat with the owner, had a beautiful tour of the grounds, gaped at the beauty of the vines, and tastes some lovely locally made wine.

It is so exciting to learn about all the grape varietals that Nova Scotia has to offer. The winery will be donating three different wines for my launch to be paired with food I am serving.

I am blown away with their generosity, support for small local business growth and all around passion and shared joy in the wine that they produce. 

Garrison Brewing Co. has very generously donated product for my launch so that I may provide a beer sampling on Sunday. I love their beer and I must say they have the most remarkable staff of any brewery I have ever been to. I went to pick up the beer yesterday and one of the employee's remembered helping with out with a sampling over 2 months again. Great memory, great brews, amazing flavours and tremendous at providing locally.
Raspberry Wheat - click to enlargeRaspberry Wheat
This golden wheat ale comes alive with it’s unique, natural raspberry flavour. A crisp, refreshing, one-of-a-kind taste that’s a perfect summer thirst quencher!
Tall Ship Amber
This refreshing premium ale is golden-amber with light maltiness, crisp hop aroma, and smooth, clean finish. Launch into Halifax’s own Tall Ship Amber Ale, and celebrate our rich nautical history.
Two lovely summer tasting brews! THANK YOU GARRISON.


All in all this week has left me feeling like the luckiest girl in the world.
Eat, drink and enjoy























































































































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment