Monday 18 July 2011

I Am The Egg Man


Good Monday food loving friends. 

Today I would like to pay tribute to Eggs. I have been enjoying many different types of eggs as of late and would like to share the many different  ways I have been eating them lately for breakfast. This post is more of an ode to brunch treats where the eggs are queen and all the other surrounding ingredients bow down to them. 

Quail eggs, Duck eggs, Chicken Eggs, chocolate eggs... All have pleasantly tickled my palate in the last week. 



Poached egg with arugula, feta cheese, chives on a bed of roasted lemon thyme yams and potatoes. Add a bit of chili oil and guaranteed you will be in breakfast heaven.




Semi-soft boiled egg with home cured bacon and poppyseed flatbread.  Simply yet incredibly satisfying. Make sure to put some fresh cracked pepper on your yoke to play on your tastebuds.




Asparagus, red pepper, mushroom, aged cheddar and egg white frittata with maple cured bacon and roasted tomato foccacia bread.

I was making ice cream this week and had many egg whites sitting around. A frittata is my favorite way to use up egg whites because I find it's very easy to create a nice robust flavour. Egg whites always need a pick me up! ( I add chilli's to my egg whites before adding to the vegetables... this will certainly give it a kick)


 A petite quail egg atop a lovely mini curry infused beef burger, caramelized onions and homemade bun. 

It's never to early for a burger when there's an egg atop of it!




Eat, drink and enjoy!! 

1 comment:

  1. I am drooling. I have always been tempted by burgers with eggs but quail, I'll be honest, freaks me out a bit.
    Lovely posts!
    Koo-koo-ka-choo!
    -Daniel

    ReplyDelete