Thursday 28 July 2011

I love coffee...Two If By Sea

There is something I love more than most things in the world. It is part of my daily routine and is my pick me up when I'm feeling a little sluggish.

Coffee. My big warm hug every morning!

I am a coffee snob. I will admit this (part 1 of the 10 step process right?) I usually drink a coffee first thing in the morning, and then sometimes treat myself to another later in the day.
Double Americano, Americano Misto, Cappucino, Latte, Espresso, Macchiato, or just plain ol' cup of Joe are a few fav's that i've been stuck to for years.  Being a coffee snob is great. I am always on the hunt for a new place to sip, smell and savor coffee. The other day I did just that and hallelujah did I ever find one. 

Two If By See Cafe in Dartmouth Nova Scotia.

 A few days ago I had a wonderful morning adventure.  I crossed a bridge, met my cousin, was taken to her lovely neighborhood haunt and drank the best double Americano I have had since moving back to Nova Scotia.

Two If By Sea Cafe, doesn't just produce great coffee. They have pride in their product. The barista's take care in ordering specialty fair trade and organic beans from around the world and buy from 49th Parrallel in B.C. 49th Parrallel isn't just another roaster; they source the worlds finest coffee beans, roast them fresh and are committed to selling the highest quality of bean. 

I like that Two If By Sea Cafe, also has variety in drinks. For all you tea lovers a selection of fine loose leaf tea's and cold drinks await you so don't dismay.

Up to now I've told you half the story of why Two If By Sea Cafe stole my heart. This is the other half:

 They make the most < YUMMY < Crunchy on the outside buttery on the inside croissants I have ever tasted. I literally traveled back to the country side of Lyon for a moment while biting into my delicious home made Pain au Chocolat. As you can see from the photo, the size of the croissant is almost equal to my cousins head (and that is after I scarfed half of it) 
I also purchased and took home a plain croissant, which was one of the smartest decisions I have ever made. Later when I was hungry it came in handy...
Homemade pastrami (Thank you Chef Thomas), avocado, grainy Dijon, tomato, arugula on a Two If By Sea Cafe croissant. Sooooo satisfying.

Two If By Sea is welcoming, bustling and contagious. I say that because I woke up the next day with a hankering to run the 20 km to the cafe in order to score another fine cup of love and almond croissant which i have yet to try but seriously dream about. (I didn't...=( 20km at 6am is a bit of an oversight) 

The owners of the cafe are fun loving, innovative and friendly. I had the opportunity to meet them earlier in the week. It is refreshing to meet young, energetic people who love what they do, and in turn have their employees smiling and their customers treated like family.

Eat, drink and enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment