Wednesday 12 October 2011

Take it easy... baby.. The Americano

It is Wednesday eve and I really can't tell you where this week has gone. This weekend I had a tummy filling, heart happy time with friends and family. I hope you all enjoyed the lovely scents of a full kitchen and thanksgiving feast as well. If not let me know and I'll be sure to send some Turkey, Cranberry Sauce, Stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Yams, Roasted Squash, Brussels Sprouts, Gravy, Apple and Pumpkin pie your way! I don't want any of you lovely readers to go hungry on my account.

Now after a long weekend there is always much catch up to do, and leftovers to eat. After this particular long weekend I was a little fatigued and have come down with a little cold. When I do get sick I try to make something that brings out a big ol' smile on my face. In this case I'm  going to share with you my favorite drink recipe in hopes to bring a smile onto your face as the weekend approaches. This will hopefully inspire some soon to be weekend fun aperitifs for you and will hopefully cure my cold (haha)

The Americano (Sbagliato) 

1 Ounce Campari
1 Ounce Dry Vermouth Rosso
2 Ice Cubs
Prosseco 
Garnish: Slice Orange
Cerignola Olive when available. This is a Italian large green light tasting olive with the pit in

Directions: Add ice cubes to glass then Campari, and Vermouth. Fill the glass with Prosecco to finish (Should be around 2.5 Ounces) 
Slice Orange


Drink when feeling under the weather, when in need of a middle of the week pick me up, with friends on a casual Thursday evening (tomorrow) While eating Pizza, getting ready to go out, instead of your regular cocktail, or to take yourself away to the beautiful flavors of Italy. 

Eat, drink and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Jessi,
    Your Blog is absolutely fantastic, I have a long way to go I see with my own Blog but just seeing how informative your is is quite inspiring. I know that my wife will really enjoy visiting too, she loves cooking.
    Nice meeting you today.

    Pete Nowlan the knife sharpener.

    ReplyDelete