Monday 17 October 2011

Sugar, sugar... Cookies

It's Tuesday evening, and the last two days have been filled with many a treats. Tonight is a very special blog post as the culinary creations that I am going to share with you were made with a person I love very much. My middle sister. 

Now in order to celebrate her visit I decided to do something culinary wise that I knew she would love to participate in. This my dears is the fun task of baking and decorating cookies. 

Now I suggest if you are going to make this a day of fun you find yourself some pretty cool decorations and cookie cutters. For me it is usually what inspires the ability to decorate. 
Yesterday my kitchen was filled with fun Autumn colored candy sugar, Reeces Pieces, Royal Icing, A beautiful cinnamon sugar shaker that only but inspires the sweetest treats and the cutest pumpkin shaped cookie cutters.

Hand Decorated Sugar Cookies
780 Grams All-Purpose Flour
18 G Baking Bowder
6 Grams Salt
(Sift these ingredients together)

In a separate bowl cream together:
454 Grams Butter
400 Grams Superfine or Bakers Sugar
then beat in one at a time
100 grams (2 medium-large) Eggs

 
Then add dry ingredients and beat slowly until they just come together. From there shape the dough into a flat square and wrap in plastic. Refrigerate for 1 hour. 
Once the dough has rested roll it out and cut in any shapes you want! Tis' October and the season of pumpkins so this is what I used =) 
 
While cutting out the dough preheat your oven to 320F and bake for 8 minutes - (Check them after 6 just to be safe!) 
Or until the border of the cookie has begun to turn a golden brown.
Let the cookies cool, and while they do so make up an icing of 3 cups icing sugar, 2 egg yolks and 1 tsp cream of tartar. 

Then your ready to decorate! Put on some jazzy cookie decorating tunes and have fun.








Eat, drink and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment