Friday 12 August 2011

Cruising down the river... Chocolate Chip Cookies

Good Friday morning to you!! 
I'm headed to the woods and river today. Off to cook and adventure in the wild wilderness. (Well not so much...) I will be "chefing" at a Choir camp for the next two weeks in the beautiful Valley. I'm not to sure whether or not I have internet so I wanted to make sure just incase I don't that you readers were left with a song and a few fun recipes. 

Chocolate Chip Cookies - Good for picnics, walks on the beach, afternoon treats or evening desserts. 
1/2 Cup Butter
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Cup Flour
1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
3/4 Cup Chocolate Chips
Directions:
Cream together 1/2 cup butter, and both sugars. This means you want the two mixed well together. The sugar and butter will become soft and the texture should remind you of Playdo or toothpaste. Add the egg and vanilla to the creamed butter and sugar. Mix well so that they are all fully combined. In a separate bowl mix together the 1 Cup flour, 1/2 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt and chocolate chips. Combine the two, always dry to wet. So you will add the flour mixture in with the butter mixture. Combine until smooth.
Bake at 375F for 8-12 minutes depending on how hot your oven is. Every oven is a bit different. 


 You can bake all the dough right away.(Should make 12 medium sized cookies) Or what I like to do is roll it into a log and freeze it in saran wrap. This way you always have cookie dough on hand for fresh baked cookies.


I hope that this recipe brings a smile to your face, and a bit of sweetness into your weekend. I'll be writing again soon. Fingers crossed for internet in the woods. 

Eat, drink and enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment