Wednesday 21 March 2012

Shake, rattle and roll.... Pesto and Shrimp

Dear friends spring has sprung! How exciting to look outside and be greeted with sunshine and warmth. The change of seasons always bring a smile to my face and put a hop back into my step. This is a good thing as the closer we come to being fully in spring the closer I am to opening up Highland Drive - Storehouse Butchery and Local Produce

Now I understand that my blogs have been few and far between in the last month. I have been spending much time with electricians, builders, sanders and equipment suppliers and unfortunately have had little time in the kitchen. As my heart yearns to be in front of the stove I am constantly reminding myself that soon I will be back in the heat of the kitchen where I belong.

Now, more than ever I crave the need to create new flavours, and miss passing on weekly recipes to you. So here we are have one to celebrate spring to make your smile, and pleasantly full.
 
Recipe: Shrimp Tossed in Walnut Arugula Pesto

1lb Clearwater Medium Size Shrimp Defrosted

2 Cups Arugula
2 Garlic Cloves
½ Lemon juice and zest
½ Cup Chopped Walnuts
½ Cup Olive Oil
¼ Cup  Shredded Asiago Cheese
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1 Pint Cherry Tomatoes

In a blender add your arugula, whole garlic cloves, lemon juice and zest, walnuts, shredded asiago cheese.  Blend until all has broken down and combined. Add in 1tsp of water while blending at the end to help gain a smoother consistency. Set aside.

Heat a pan on medium heat for 2 minutes with 1 tsp olive oil. Toss your shrimp in salt and pepper. Add shrimp to the heated pan and let the shrimp cook for 2 minutes on both sides. Then add in your pesto and whole cherry tomatoes toss together for 1 minute.

Serve with Pasta of your choice.  

Keep in mind this pesto can also be eaten on salads, sandwiches, as a dip for vegetables, drizzled on potatoes, as a sauce for chicken. It's all up to you, but no matter what you do my friends please be sure to.....

Eat, drink and enjoy!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment