Sunday 12 February 2012

A tisket, A tasket... Argentine Scallops with Smoked Bacon and Corn

Ahhhh Sunday evenings, one of my favorite parts of the week. Sunday's continuously remind me of family dinners, relaxing evenings and they is a day where I can find time to cook and try out a new recipe. Tonight as I write to you I am sitting in my kitchen surrounded by scents of roast chicken, curried Squash and apple sauce. Not a bad day culinary wise at all. In fact this whole weekend was full of fun new recipes. 

When writing recipes for Harvest Wines and Clearwater I know for a fact that if I decide to add bacon into my recipe it is surely going to be a hit among staff and clients. This week with beautiful paired wines from Greece and South Africa I thought that a smoked bacon, paired with sweet corn would work beautifully with the gorgeous Argentine scallops presented to me. 

A great success and I am truly excited to share this recipe with you, as for all of you love birds looking for something special to share with your honey on Valentines Day, this recipe may just be it. If you want you can always sub in shrimp for scallops, or use both. 

Recipe: Sweet Bacon and Corn Argentine Scallops

1 lb Argentine Scallops
2 Slices smoked bacon – Diced
½ Green or Red Chili – De-seeded and chopped fine
1 Cup Sweet Corn – Canned or Fresh
2 Red Pepper Finely Chopped
¼ Red Onion Finely Chopped
1 Garlic Clove
Handful Cilantro
1 Lime Zested and Juiced
1 Tbsp butter
Salt and Pepper to taste

  Put the bacon into a large frying pan over medium heat and cook for 2 minutes. Then add corn, red pepper, red onion and chili, and sauté together for 4 minutes. Add the chopped cilantro, lime juice and zest, and butter.
Season scallops with salt and pepper and sear in a pan that has been heated for 2 minutes on medium high heat. When scallops have nicely browned add to the sweet corn mixture and let cook together for 2 minutes.
Eat with Rice, Quinoa, on a salad or as an appetizer with toasted baguette
Many wishes of full full stomachs and romantic kitchen adventures to you this week. I hope this recipe ignites your fire and the song leads you to some toe tapping good fun.
Eat Drink and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment