Thursday 9 February 2012

Shake 'Em On Down'...

Good evening lovely culinary adventurers. How was your Thursday? Hopefully it is slowly coming to an end with you pleasantly tucking into a fine flavoured feast. 

This week I had a birthday. It was lovely... I drank vino, ate cake, great food, enjoyed time with people I love by spending much time in the kitchen cooking with them.  While thinking of what to write about tonight I though I may share with you a few of my fun food favorites and why. Hoping that this may inspire you to leap into your kitchen over the weekend, into a new dish and shared favorite. 

  1) I love tomatoes, and I love garlic. At this time of year I particularly enjoy how they roast so beautifully in the oven to create a delicious soup.
Next time you are hungry, cold and have an hour, grab 6 tomatoes, 2 cloves of garlic, a sprig of rosemary, thyme, salt/pepper and 2 tbsp olive oil. Cut your tomatoes however you feel toss them in all that love and then roast them at 325F for a good 45minutes. Then Blend with 1tbsp sugar, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Blend together and then add either 1/4 cup of ricotta cheese or goat cheese (two more ingredients I love) until smooth and then enjoy =)
 I love farmers markets, and the bountiful flavourful goods that they offer.  Mmmmm Carrots, potatoes, onions, green peppers, beans broccoli. All good! Can be eaten raw, cooked steamed... tossed in butter with lemon, in pesto, pickled, roasted, grilled with a drizzling of herbs and olive oil.
On my right and left here are two super huge favorites. Beer braised sausages. Easy as pie... literally just cook  your sausages in beer. Let the beer cook down and form a tasty sauce around them.  I also love eggs. Poached egg on toast, arugula, proscuitto and arugula.


Fresh Pasta ...... tossed in sage brown butter.

                                                   

Fresh foccacia with olives, rock salt and rosemary dipped in olive oil, balsamic and chilies. 

I hope to hear of some of your favorites. Don't be shy to share as a little culinary inspiration goes a long way!

Eat, drink and enjoy... 



No comments:

Post a Comment