Sunday 29 January 2012

Thats Amore..... Pavia Gallery

Well my friends next week brings us into February. Tonight I think it is fair to say you can high five the people around you, wipe off your brow and cheers to managing through the first month of a New Year. I always hear that January can bring on the blues. I like to try and flip that thought. This is a month to kick start the new year, and set the positive pace for 11 more awesome months to come. With January gone keep in mind we are just a wee bit closer to spring, blossoms, crop rotations, planting and more seasonal food to come.

What else do I do in January to keep away the blues? Well this January I had a bit of fortune and was presented with the opportunity to work with Pavia Gallery an amazing local Italian inspired art Gallery and Cafe.  The owners Love Italy, Love Coffee, Love Food, appreciate the beauty of the culture and  inspired me with their idea to hold two traditional Italian dinners at their cafe. How could I say no? Writing this menu speaks to my heart and soul as it is a combination of flavours that I dream about cooking everyday of my life. Do not get me wrong, you know dear readers how I appreciate food and flavours from all regions of the world. However, in my heart I know in truth a great deal of my passions for the kitchen lies the traditions of Italian food. This weekend on Friday and Saturday at Pavia Gallery we had a six course tasting menu for 25 people with paired wines by Harvest Wines .

I could not stop smiling.

The people who came out to enjoy the dinners were absolutely lovely. I believe that a large part of how food is enjoyed reflects on the atmosphere created by the people enjoying it. This atmosphere was fun. The beautiful gallery was full of laughter, lively conversations and the clinking of glasses.
While reflecting on the two evenings it was easy to agree that we had, as a group created the most true to form Italian dinning experience possible.

How you may ask?
Well my food loving friends eating in Italy is an experience. It's not an hour lunch break or a quick fix in the evening. When you eat with your friends and family in Italy you don't rush. You sit, you appreciate your company, take in your surroundings, and embrace the food that is placed before you. Your body is allowed as much time as it needs to digest as you eat so that when the meal is finished you fell light and satisfied. The ingredients used are what some may think of as simple, but I would say not simple, but understood.They know how to use herbs, why some you pic, some you leave whole, and why you others chop. Restaurants are not looking to flip tables, but more so cultivate an environment in their dinning room that ignites passion and allows for a  multi-course dinner.

Yes indeed, this weekend was special and I came the closest to Italy than I have been in years. I invite you all have your own Italian adventure.  Visit Pavia Gallery, bevuto una cafe, mangiare una panino, and transport yourself to the Tuscan hillside.

Eat, drink and enjoy!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment